Light-based and slim architecture to sublimate your projects.
Textile covers, prestige technology used on major international structures:
- London 2012 Olympic stadium.
- Olympique de Marseille stadium 2013.
- Kuala Lumpur formula 1 circuit 2002
The membranes are appreciated for their translucency, the freedom of shaping and their technical performances:
- High mechanical strength
- Thermal quality
- Acoustic quality
They are installed on steel or timber frames. They are fully recyclable.
Berlin Olympic stadium
This stadium is not an SMC2 structure, it is given as an example
The textile covers are composed of PVC coated polyester fabric with a soiling prevention varnish. They have the following average specifications:
- Thickness: 1 to 2 mm.
- Weight: 700 to 1500 gr/m2
- Tensile strength of 300 to 800 daN/5cm on weft and weave
- Colour: white or specific colour
- 5 to 30 % translucency
- Fluorinated polymer based soiling prevention varnish
- Product guaranteed 25-30 years.
The cover specifications are defined for each structure, in particular by defining the breaking strength depending on weather-related stresses.
STANDARDS – INDUSTRY PRACTICE
In compliance with the following design standards, covers with textile shells must be installed using a double inverse curve to guarantee their perfect mechanical stability and sustainability over time.
- Recommendations for the design of permanent textile cover structures in the “Annales de l’ITBTP”.
- “Guide VERITAS des Techniques de la construction”, sheet N° 40r “Conception des couvertures textiles”.
- European Design Guide for Tensile Surface Structure (Brian Foster & Marijke Mollaert).